It’s been a few days since Ramadan started, so our TikTok and Instagram feeds are filled with incredible foodtime videos that make us salivate. From sourdough with bricks and chorba, and even second courses like tagineswe only want to try it ourselves. Whether we fast or not, we have the right to spoil our taste buds and our family, right? We must admit that traditional dishes of the Maghreb have the peculiarity of always finding arguments to conquer all tastes. As a result, for all gourmets and fine gourmets who want to enjoy it, here 5 Tajine Recipes for Ramadan 2022.
Tagine Recipes for Ramadan 2022: Chicken or Minced Meat?
When we talk about tagine, everyone knows what it is. in tagine also represents these typical dishes of the Maghreb, as the name of the conical shaped dish used to prepare them. These slow-cooked dishes are currently very trendy and are waiting to be tried. You should know that tagines everyone has the same base: meat, vegetables, sometimes fruits, nuts, legumes and, of course, spices! To please everyone, two tagines are very popular: chicken with olives and egg kefta tagine. Here two very simple recipes but incredibly exciting to try:
Chicken Tagine with Olives:
- 1.5 kg free-range chicken
- 500 g firm-fleshed potatoes
- 2 onions
- 8 green olives
- 2 dl chicken stock
- 1/2 lemon confit with salt
- 1 g saffron powder
- 1/2 tsp teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 C. olive oil
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt pepper
- Cut the chicken into several large pieces.
- Prepare the marinade by including chopped onion, saffron, and ground ginger. Salt and pepper for taste.
- Brush it on the chicken and refrigerate for at least 3 hours for maximum flavor.
- Heat the olive and sunflower oil in a tagine (saucepan if you don’t have one).
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces and cook them for about ten minutes, stirring regularly until they brown.
- Then add the rest of the marinade to the dish and pour in the chicken broth, then add hot water to cover the chicken.
- Close the casserole dish or tagine, then simmer for 30-40 minutes, checking the chicken pieces regularly.
- Peel potatoes. You can either deep-fry them or cut them into 4 pieces for steaming.
- Peel the olives and let them soak in warm water to freshen them up.
- When chicken is done, add potatoes, olives and candied lemon slices.
- Bring the tagine to a simmer over low heat, stirring regularly to thicken the sauce.
- At the end of cooking, check the seasonings and sprinkle the tajine with fresh parsley before serving.
Tajine Kefta Eggs:
- 6 eggs
- 1 kg mince
- 500 g tomato
- 4 teaspoons chopped tomatoes
- paprika, ginger, cinnamon, cumin, saffron, pepper, salt, coriander, ras el hanout
- 3 bulbs
- olive oil
- 20 cl of water
- Mix 1 teaspoon of all spices and 1 onion together.
- Put spices and minced meat in a large salad bowl and form into small balls.
- Cut tomatoes and onions into cubes. Coarsely chop parsley or cilantro.
- Fry the onion in olive oil in a tagine. Add the same spice mixture again.
- Add parsley, 4 teaspoons of concentrated tomatoes and tomatoes.
- Add water and cook for a few minutes over high heat.
- Then add meatballs, cover and cook for 20 minutes over medium heat.
- At the end of cooking, open the tagine and crack 6 eggs into it. Cover again and cook over high heat until they cook.
- Sprinkle the tagine with fresh parsley and enjoy.
Tajine recipes for Ramadan 2022: sugar-salty
What has been done in Eastern cuisineIt’s a mixture of sweet and salty. The flagship dish of Moroccan cuisine: prune tagine. We promise you that you won’t be without it.
- 1.2 kg leg of lamb or shoulder
- 250 g prunes
- 2 large onions
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons tomato puree
- 3 tbsp liquid honey
- 1/2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small jar of saffron pestles
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 large glasses of water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt pepper
- Using a sharp knife, separate the lamb meat from the bones and cut it into pieces.
- Peel and chop the onion and peel and chop the garlic.
- Sauté the onion in hot olive oil for 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the meat pieces, then continue to cook for another 10 minutes, turning the pieces until well browned.
- Then add honey, tomato puree, ginger, cinnamon, cumin and saffron. Add salt and pepper.
- Mix everything well, then add water.
- Close the tagine and cook the dish for 30 minutes over low heat, stirring frequently. At the end of this cooking time, add the prunes and leave again for 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- At the end of cooking, check the seasonings, then sprinkle the tajine with coriander and enjoy.
Tajine Recipes for Ramadan 2022: Honoring Vegetables
If you don’t eat meat, this recipe is for you.
- onel vegetable broth
- 400g green beans
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 4 tsparots
- 2 teaspoonszucchini
- 1 yeareggplant
- 1 aboutonion
- one garlic clove
- one Small box of chickpeas
- 1/2 a teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 like ras el hanout
- 1/2 a teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 tspaprica
- 1/2 l ground ginger
- 4 l chopped coriander
- 3 l olive oil
- Soak chickpeas overnight.
- Peel green beans and carrots and wash them as you would all vegetables.
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- Cut carrots and zucchini into pieces, as well as eggplant.
- Heat up the olive oil.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and spices.
- Fry for 5 minutes on low heat. Add carrots and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetable broth, then add the vegetables along with the cherry tomatoes, placing the beans to one side.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Then add chickpeas and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Your vegetables should be tender. Serve with a little cilantro on top.
Tajine Recipes for Ramadan 2022: Fish Tajine
Moroccan fish tagine:
- 800grams of cod
- 600g potatoes
- 150g pitted green olives
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 hoursonion
- 2 teaspoonsitrons
- 4 l ground sweet pepper
- 2 a teaspoon of cumin
- 6 a spoonful of olive oil
- one a pinch of ground hot pepper
- 1/2 bcoriander bouquet
- Mix lemon juice with squeezed garlic, pepper, cumin, 4 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil, chili pepper and a little salt.
- Marinate the fish in this mixture, cover with a film and leave to rest for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Peel and cut potatoes and onions.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and sauté the onion for a few minutes.
- Add fish, olives and potatoes, drizzle with marinade and cook for 25 minutes covered over low heat.
- Serve hot, garnished with cilantro.
Ramadan 2022: briquettes, chorba, marshmallow… Here are 5 simple but incredibly delicious snack recipes!
Plant-based restaurants in Paris: all our addresses where vegetables are the star of the plate
Bolognese pizza from Cyril Lignac: his original and exquisite recipe