- Cut off 2-3 cm from the end of the asparagus, the firm part is usually beige.
- Try to cut them all the same size.
- Place them in a pot of boiling water, add 1 teaspoon of coarse table salt and cook for 5 to 6 minutes depending on their size.
- To test doneness, stick the blade of a small knife into the tail of the asparagus.
- If it penetrates easily, then they are cooked.
- Drain them and put them in a dish.
- Pour a drop of olive oil on top.
- hollandaise sauce In a skillet, mix the egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Whisk until the mixture is frothy, then heat gently – you should be able to keep your hand over the rim of the pan without burning yourself.
- The egg yolk should foam up without boiling.
- When it becomes very creamy, pour in the butter and beat with a whisk, keeping the heat constant.
- Pour in the lemon juice. Mixing.
- Salt and pepper at the end of cooking.
- Arrange the asparagus on plates, pour over 1 tablespoon of sauce, add 1 tablespoon of trout caviar and dill.
- Pour the rest of the sauce into a gourmet gravy boat.
Ischia14 rue Cauchy, Paris 15th.
Phone: 01 45 54 43 43. restaurantischia.com.