Green salad with plums, goat cheese and walnuts
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 7 minutes
READ: Plum peach chutney with curry and honey
- 1 C. Dijon mustard
- 1 C. honey
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp Orange juice
- 1/2 orange, finely grated zest
- 4 tbsp tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (see note)
- Salt and pepper
- 125 g (1 1/4 cups) walnut halves
- 3-5 plums, sliced
- 2 to 2.5 liters (8 to 10 cups) arugula and lettuce or mesclun
- 125 g aged goat cheese, coarsely chopped
READ: Upside down plum cake
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- To make the vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread the nuts on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 7-8 minutes.
- Place the plums, arugula and lettuce in a salad bowl. Tear off large leaves as needed. Drizzle the dressing over the vinaigrette, toss to combine and divide among 6 bowls. Sprinkle each serving with crumbled goat cheese and walnuts. Serve immediately.
Note: Part of the olive oil can be replaced with walnut oil.