Recipe from Keda Black, whose latest book is devoted to broths
For 4 people
Training : 15 minutes | Preparation: 45 minutes (including broth)
- 600 g mushrooms (shiitake, champignon, portobello, wild), peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 pink onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 green onions, peeled and thinly sliced, including green
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 or 2 tablespoons red miso
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 bunch chopped green onions
- A dozen sprigs of chopped parsley
- Small handful of chopped arugula or watercress sprouts
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan. Add chopped pink onion and sauté over medium heat until translucent. Add 2 onions, fry for a few minutes. Add minced garlic and sauté without overcooking. Add 400 g of mushrooms. Cook until soft and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Pour 1 liter of water into a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat. Let simmer for 30 minutes on low heat.
Take some broth in a small bowl and dilute 1 tablespoon of miso. Return mixture to saucepan. Taste and adjust the amount of miso if necessary. Add more if the broth doesn’t have enough flavor, add a little water if it’s too much.
In a skillet, sauté the remaining onion and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon olive oil until golden and crispy.
Pour broth into 4 bowls, add mushrooms and onions, as well as chopped greens and sprouts. Pepper.